- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen bay scallops, thawed, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup of white wine
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon butter on one side of each piece of toasted Italian bread. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat. When oil begins to smoke, pour scallops into pan. Cook for 30 seconds without stirring.
- Toss scallops in pan and stir in garlic. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir wine and lemon juice into scallops, bring to a boil, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Once cooked – set off to the side on a plate with a napkin on top
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
In large pot, boil salted water for pasta. Cook pasta to package instructions. Drain pasta.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, cook additional 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add the white wine. Let the wine reduce to half – about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add cajun seasoning, salt, paprika. Stir.
Add heavy cream. When the cream mixture is almost bubbling, turn heat to low. Let the cream mixture reduce to half – about 2.5 minutes. Add the pasta to the cream sauce and cook additional minute. Toss with freshly chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
Plate pasta with cream sauce and add scallops. Buon Appetito!