with Spaghetti and Pompilio’s Robusto Marinara sauce
- Clean chicken, cut off excess fat, and chop chicken into medium sized pieces. Salt to taste. Clean vegetables (onion, green pepper, and mushrooms) and chop into medium sized pieces.
- Fill pot with half gallon of water, bring to boil and add salt. Add spaghetti and cook for 10-12 minutes (until al dente). Once cooked, drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour (enough to coat). Shake off chicken flour and set aside. Warm medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, add 2 tbsp of butter and add chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes till chicken is browned on the outside and more than half cooked. Add chopped vegetables and cook for 6-7 more minutes, until tender. Drain chicken and vegetables and wipe excess butter from skillet. Add chicken and vegetables back in skillet.
- Add Pompilio’s Robusto Marinara and reserved pasta water to loosen sauce. Once sauce is hot, set aside.
- Place drained pasta on each plate and cover with cacciatore sauce and serve.
Serves 4-6 people